Equipment needs

Subject: Equipment needs
From: "Westra, Kayla L." <13718westr -at- KCPBLDG01 -dot- BV -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 11:49:00 CST

>I AM, however, trying my best to convince people that they need to look at
>EXACTLY what they need to do (accomplish with a PC). After you have looked
at
>what exactly you intend to do with the PC, it is then and only then that
you
>need to customize what you buy for what you need.

I responded to Jane privately (may have been a smart move on my part :-)),
but I think the above is the bottom line. Buy what YOU need, Jane, and what
works best for you. All we can do is offer suggestions on what we like and
what we've found to be the most useful in the past.

As I prepared to update my system, my brother-in-law/computer guy asked me
what my old machine wouldn't do that I needed on my new machine. With a
sheepish grin, I replied, "Ah, nothing." I still have my eight year old
286, and it still turns out good work.

My .02 worth.

Kayla