Re: Foreign languages a measure of intelligence?

Subject: Re: Foreign languages a measure of intelligence?
From: Elaine Winters <ewinters -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 1994 14:00:41 -0800

On Fri, 4 Nov 1994, Susan Fowler wrote:

> Actually, there may be a correlation between musical ability and being able to
> _speak_ many foreign languages. I guess if you can hear/listen more accuratel
y,
> you can pick up other languages more easily.

The part of the brain that manages language, music and
mathematics is located somewhere in the left lobe. These
concepts and skills are linked; they vary in their need
for activity across the *corpus collosum* - - but all
require some linkage with the right brain

Also, see H. Gardiner's work on the many levels of intellegence;
look in books in print for the exact title. (published approx.
1985)

Elaine Winters 510-843-0909 ewinters -at- netcom -dot- com
Information_Mapping__Interactivity__Non_Linear_Instructional_Design
Cross_Cultural_Communication______________________Writing_&_Editing