Re: Background

Subject: Re: Background
From: Elaine Winters <ewinters -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 11:43:18 -0800

On Thu, 3 Nov 1994, Rose Wilcox wrote:

> Rick Lippincott wrote:
> What I think Nancy is saying is that you need smart people. They'll
> learn.
> You can't avoid a learning curve, but you can pick the people who will
> best
> be able to handle that curve.

>stuff delelcted<

> A person with a strong ability
> to learn foreign languages is obviously quite intelligent.

Not necessarily; they may just be left-brained - -
they're probably somewhat good at math - - and
maybe not so graphically or spacially oriented.

I think the point is to find someone with a generalist
background with the curiosity of a small child . .
interested in practically everything and wanting to learn
it all.
> Rosie Wilcox
> Roving Tech. Writer
> rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
> ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com

my $.02 worth. Elaine

E. Winters: Principal Program Facilitating and Consulting
Berkeley, CA, USA 510-843-0909 ewinters -at- netcom -dot- com
___________________Interactivity_______Non_Linear_Instructional_Design
Information_Mapping___Cross_Cultural_Communication___Writing_&_Editing