Meeting videotapes?

Subject: Meeting videotapes?
From: Kat Nagel <KatNagel -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 19:32:26 -0400

I seem to remember a post or two recently about an STC chapter that
videotapes its meetings. Of course, at the time, I didn't need the
information. So I trashed it. Sigh.

Are there other Chapters out there (STC, SIGDOC, SDP, etc.) that videotape
the monthly program meetings? If so, I'd be interested in answers to a few
(heh, heh, heh) questions.

In the interest of conserving bandwidth and avoiding trivia-bashing flames,
*please* reply to me by email (katnagel -at- aol -dot- com), not to the list. If there
is enough interest, I would be glad to summarize in a week or so.

QUESTIONS:
... How long have you been doing this?
... Is the project run by the Program Committee? PR?
... Did the chapter buy the equipment? Rent? Midnight requisition from X
Corp.?
... How did you fund the start-up (before you started selling the tapes)?
... How do you handle copyright issues?
... What kind of release form do you use?
... Have you ever had a speaker refuse to be taped? Whadja do?
... Do you archive a copy in your chapter history files? In the chapter
library?
... Do you have to pay for duplication?
... How big an inventory of copies do you keep?
... Who's basement/attic/closet is honored with the box(es and boxes
and...)?
... Do you sell just to chapter members, or can anyone collect them?
... Do you publish an index? Advertise in a newsletter? Send flyers to
related orgs?
... Do you charge just enough to recover costs? Add $ for fundraising?
... Do you have a split fee structure (members vs. nonmembers)?
... How does distributing videotapes benefit the chapter (besides $)?
... Do you have any advice/warnings for folks who are considering taping
meetings?

Thanks,
@kat katnagel -at- aol -dot- com
Life 1: MasterWork (technical writing and document design)
Life 2: PlaynSong & Madrigalia, Ltd (vocal chamber music)
==========Life 1 pays for Life 2==========