binders and printing

Subject: binders and printing
From: John Russell <johnr -at- BRS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 1994 09:05:59 EDT

My company currently uses the three ring binder format. We are moving
away from it for a number of reasons. Expensive, yes, to buy *and* to
ship. But we've also had them break on us during shipping. If it's cold
outside, say around 0, and they aren't handled nicely when they've been
outside for awhile, they break. This has happened on a number of occasions.
There is also the storage issue. They're big, they take up a lot of room
in our storage room. (We're working around this in other ways, too, but...)

That reminds me. You-all might find this interesting and worthwhile. We
were in the process of moving to 7x9" format with on-demand printing with
a company in NC. The rep at this company--knows what he's doing--mentioned
that if we wanted to cut our printing cost in half and could afford 1/2 an
inch vertically, recommended going with 7x8.5" page format. This way he
could print two copies per 8.5x14" sheet of paper, cut it once and wala.
This cuts our printing costs in half because you pay by the sheet, not
what goes on the sheet. Pretty clever, we thought. Ever hear of this before?
What do you think?

My 2c worth.

--

kjr