Re: Taking a leap

Subject: Re: Taking a leap
From: "Lori A. Moreland" <lamorela -at- CLE -dot- AB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 1994 17:41:03 -0400

Rick,
No need for the asbestos underwear. Yours was an innocent (and most gentle) requ
est, and should engender no flames.
My advice is simple: pull the techwriting portions of your previous jobs to the
forefront. Count this as your experience. It doesn't matter if you've officially
been called a techwriter; you apparently have done some writing on the job. So,
when asked, reply with something like:
"I've done technical writing as part of my (current, previous) position for x ye
ars."
Then pull out the portfolio you've culled from the writing you've done, and show
'em your stuff. This should help with the temp agencies. After a few of these s
tints, you will have worked enough techwriting positions to round out your resum
e.
Good luck!
Lori M.
Lori -dot- Moreland -at- ab -dot- com