Re: training/tech writing query

Subject: Re: training/tech writing query
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 10:02:21 -0800

Janet,

You (and your friend) will probably be interested in the
group bit.listserv.techwr-l, which is also manifested as
a mailing list (write the listowner, Eric J Ray, at
<ejray -at- okstate -dot- edu>.

There is also a group called misc.writing, but it has become
primarily a fiction group.

The other thing you and/or your friend will want to do is get
in touch with the Austin or Lone Star Chapters of the Society for
Technical Communication. STC is probably the best professional
and networking resource in the field. I don't say that because
I'm the newest human sac... er, chair of the Get the STC on the
Internet committee, either; I really mean it. STC headquarters
can be contacted at 703/522-4114.

I hesitate to tell you what tech writers and course developers
make in Austin because those figures are highly localized and
I don't know that area.

Good luck,
Joe
"Just another personal opinion from the People's Republic of Berkeley"
Disclaimer: Even if my employer had a position on the subject,
I probably wouldn't be the one stating it on their behalf.