Re: Style Guides

Subject: Re: Style Guides
From: Aahz <aahz -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 00:00:20 GMT

In article <199409250453 -dot- AAA16341 -at- one -dot- basd -dot- k12 -dot- pa -dot- us>,
<michael -dot- salsbury -at- cyberlink -dot- beaver -dot- pa -dot- us> wrote:

>Are style guides being used by most of your organizations? What
>sort of information is covered in your style guide? What parts
>of the style guide do you believe have been the most effective at
>improving the overall quality of your documentation?

This is my first tech writing job, I am my company's first official tech
writer, and (of course) there is no style guide. Furthermore, it's a
contract, and I don't expect to be around when the product is finished.

I'm concentrating less on writing a generic style guide than on
documenting the style and formatting that I'm using. This means
everything from word usage to style definitions, page layout, and
chapter organization. Functionally, I'm treating this as a programming
project that will need long-term maintenance.
--
--- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6
Androgynous kinky vanilla queer het

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question,
but to post the wrong information.