A ? re: international distribution and fonts

Subject: A ? re: international distribution and fonts
From: Matt Hicks <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 1994 18:43:34 -0600

A short time ago that there was a lengthy discussion of page sizes and
shipping docs overseas electronically. At the time, it didn't mean much
to me because I don't normally have to worry about my docs going outside
the US. However, this recently became an issue through two different work
avenues. In thinking about this problem, it occurred to me to ask about
_fonts_ and internationalization: can I expect the default font set on a
Mac sold in Europe to be the same as on those sold in the US? I've
already run into problems with docs here when I take a doc that I created
using PostScript fonts and print them from a machine that has only
TrueType fonts; in particular, the line spacing gets screwed up. So how
bad can I expect a doc to look in Europe? Anyone have any experiences to
relate on this issue?

Also, if anyone can forward me their solution for the US Letter vs. A4
problem, I'd appreciate it. I archive alot of the information that comes
across this list, but at the time, that discussion was so far out in left
field relative to my job that I didn't save any of it (even though I was
interested enough to read many of the posts).

Thanks all.

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * I may not agree with what you
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* say, but I'll defend to the
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* death my right to mock you.