Re: Re[2]: Flames?

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Flames?
From: Paul Fidler <paulf -at- CHURCHILL -dot- COLUMBIASC -dot- NCR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 11:13:08 EDT

> In article <9407151410 -dot- A08849 -at- pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com>, Karla McMaster
> <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- cti-pet -dot- com> wrote:

> > BTW, has anyone read the article Tannen wrote in Newsweek about men and
women
> > on the internet? Does anyone know the date? I'd like to look into it...
> >
> It was late June/early July (sorry--I pitched it) and worth the effort of
> finding it. BTW, for more lessons on flaming, try sci.skeptic.

> Julie

For those interested in this article, it may be worth noting that Janis
Cortese (the first "net regular" quoted) felt misquoted, or at least mis-
represented in the article.

Immediately following the Newsweek article there was some interesting
discussion (in the mentioned newsgroups) about journalist's tendencies
to, uh, "slant" things their way...

-Paul Fidler