A4 Printing Blues--Reprise

Subject: A4 Printing Blues--Reprise
From: Paul David Marvel <marvel -at- BRAHMS -dot- UDEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 1994 19:32:16 -0400

Here'a a recap of the advice I received about printing A4 and 8.5X11 WP
documents, and what I ended up doing:

The general consensus was to write a macro to change the printer code at
the beginning of the document, then print it out. This is a good
solution, but I needed to have the pages break in the same place as in
the original so I couldn't use it.

I ended up defining a paper size of 8.27X11, the A4 width and the letter
length; putting "No" in the "Prompt for Paper Size" column; and selecting
this paper size in the initial codes menu under file preferences. We're
using this in both Holland and the US and aren't having problems printing
the same files on either side of the lake. I had also asked it to not
prompt for A4, but the printer did anyhow since that paper definition is
in its memory. The other option was to insert a printer command in the
document which resets the printer after the paper-size command--<27><69>
decimal for the HP.

In the Duhhhhh department--sorry to waste the bandwith with my PageMaker
reply to the Frame question--but try it anyhow, who knows, it might work.

-paul, who's going no-mail after this message for 3 weeks, but will
continue to receive private messages directed to marvel -at- brahms -dot- udel -dot- edu