About Long Posts for Conferences, Calls for Papers, Etc.

Subject: About Long Posts for Conferences, Calls for Papers, Etc.
From: Jim Grey <jwg -at- ACD4 -dot- ACD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 09:11:40 -0500

Gentle people,

I wish to comment about posts announcing conferences, calling for papers, and
such.

events here. Many of these posts, though, are as long as 750 lines, and go
into deep detail. Is this necessary? Some mail readers have no text search
feature, so a digest reader not interested in the message must page through
twenty screens to find the next message.

I prefer to see sharply abridged announcements, with an e-mail address to
query for full information.

How do you feel about this? If most of the list values these posts or
doesn't mind their length, I'll shut up and quit whining! :) If most of the
list agrees, can those posts please be abridged from now on?

Peace,
jim grey
--
jim grey |"Ain't nothin' better in the world, you know
jwg -at- acd4 -dot- acd -dot- com |Than lyin' in the sun, listenin' to the radio" - D. Boone
|ACD, Terre Haute, IN -- The Silicon Cornfield
(And jgrey -at- mprism -dot- win -dot- net, but I haven't redesigned my .sig to include it yet.)