What should we have done?

Subject: What should we have done?
From: Dan BRINEGAR <HBDeBenu -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 20:24:37 EDT

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 94 16:08:08 EDT

After the Career Opportunities Videoconference moderated by Pete Daniels, I
came up with a few questions that they could have answered..

(Pity I didnt think of these questions when Pete asked me the afternoon of
the conference, right? I did get the "How much am I gonna make?"
question...<grin> )

Anyway, the questions still seem valid for those of us with over two years
exerience in STC and/or Technical Communication.

"What should I have found out *BEFORE* I took this job...."

o What should you have learned about your career before you started on it?

o What didn't you know about Tech writing jobs that you found most surprising
when you started at it?

o If yer still looking for regular work in Techwriting, what would you REALLY
like to know about these things?

Any of those questions make sense?
Private responses will be summarized.
Best regards,
Dan Brinegar (STC Phoenix online liason and CARSEF coordinator)
Contract Info Developer
Phoenix, AZ