Fear of flaming

Subject: Fear of flaming
From: Norma Shulman <Norma_Shulman -at- BOSE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 09:17:26 -0500

Date 6/10/94
Subject Fear of flaming
From Norma Shulman
To techwr-l

Ooops! In my message about "Click on the Name Button" I typed "than" when I
meant "then." My instant response was fear when I saw my mistake. If a simple
typo evokes fear of criticism, is it possible the list has become a less-than-
friendly place to exchange ideas. In the last few days it seems the rate of
antagonistic responses has been elevated. Is it possible that some subscribers,
who might have valuable contributions to make to the discussion, hesitate to
send a message for fear of attack?