Terminology Conventions/Standards for Telephony (Australia)

Subject: Terminology Conventions/Standards for Telephony (Australia)
From: Giovanna <patanig -at- TRG -dot- TRGLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 17:58:31 -700

We seem to have a few people on the List from Aussie and Godzone who may be
able to help me locate information specific to telephony. One of our company's
products is a Voice Response application (the "Press 1 for Yes; Press 2
for No" system with which so many of us have a love/hate relationship).

From what we hear, there is a group in Australia that is trying to
standardize telephony terminology. For example, are they buttons or
keys? In some countries, the U.S. pound (#) sign is called a "hash" because
the British pound symbol refers to currency. We're all for making our
documentation as accessible as possible and would like to know what is
being proposed and what the current status of the debate is. If you have
any information, I would be most appreciative.

Please don't post your messages to the TECHWR-L. Send your responses directly
to me and I will "skinny-dip" (summarize) them for anyone else who is
interested. Thanks. GP

<> Giovanna Patani <>
<> TRG, Inc. <>
<> Phoenix, AZ 85012 <>
<> <>
<> patanig -at- trg -dot- trglink -dot- com <>