Re: Monitors

Subject: Re: Monitors
From: "Barbara J. Philbrick" <burkbrick -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 May 1994 15:08:21 EDT

>What types of monitors are people using these days
>for tech writing?

>I'm evaluating a 17 inch, flat screen, Sony Trinitron with a
> Speed STAR 1024x768 16col. (Small
> fonts) video driver. It's nice, but not equally sharp in all
> areas of the screen.

I'm using a Mitsubishi 20" with a Diamond Stealth video driver, which I love.
Depends which programs you're using, but it makes it much easier to edit and
view in most programs. However, I got this monitor mainly because it was a
good price ($1200 from a used equipment place). For a new monitor, I'd
probably go with an NEC Multisync. My husband has one on his computer, and it
is an excellent monitor, with high resolution.

Hope this helps.

Barb