Interviewing revisited

Subject: Interviewing revisited
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 1994 15:09:16 -0500

I'm still thinking about interviewing as done by tech
writers for info. gathering.

Some questions--
1. If you are a student or educator, does your tech comm program
offer a course in on-the-job interviewing?

2. If it is mentioned in a general tech comm course, how much
time is alloted to the subject of interviewing for info gathering?

3. If you are a tech communicator, how do you establish rapport
in the interview?

4. How do you keep control?

5. What props and tools do you have with you?

6. What do you do in long distance situations to gather information?

If you have an opinion about any of these, I hope you will reply.
Please let me know if you would want your name used.
My purpose is to add some personal views to my research.

LaVonna
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com