Re: Abstracts for Recent and Relevant

Subject: Re: Abstracts for Recent and Relevant
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- CAYMAN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 1994 16:10:16 EDT

>If you've read an interesting article, please send me a 60 word,
>informative (not descriptive) abstract. Include the author's
>name(s), title of article, journal, vol, date, page numbers.

>Hope to hear from you!

Hi Rita!

Your timing was fortuitous. Is this the type of abstract you're looking
for? If not, please let me know, and I'll write another.

"Manual Labors," by Richard L. Nelson, Windows Tech Journal (vol. 3, Number
4, pp. 44-47).

It's refreshing to see an article about writing manuals in a magazine aimed
primarily at software (specifically Windows) designers. The author
maintains that software developers should care about producing good
documentation because the documentation is part of the user interface. The
article stresses the value of good documentation (including reduced support
costs and happier customers) and of having writers and editors on a
project. For those who *must* do it themselves, the article includes
helpful hints and references.

Hope this is what you need.

Marguerite Krupp
STC Associate Fellow