Re: Page preview/composition and (or vs.) writing

Subject: Re: Page preview/composition and (or vs.) writing
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 1994 09:15:46 CDT

Steve Gray allegedly typed the following:

|}
|} True. I've run into several instances where the page displayed on
|} the screen doesn't *quite* match the printed page. I now refer to
|} the display as WYSIAWYG (the "A" stands for "almost!").
|}

With SGML (Sounds Good, Maybe Later), most of the editors are more
along the lines of what our fearless Sys Admin calls WYSBOASRTWYG. I
don't know how to pronounce it, but What You See Bears Only A Slight
Resemblence To What You Get...

/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ "These are not books, lumps of lifeless paper,
but _minds_ alive on the shelves." -- Gilbert Highet