Re: hit the key, kill the program, fatal error, bomb out, etc.

Subject: Re: hit the key, kill the program, fatal error, bomb out, etc.
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 1994 09:39:58 CDT

Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET> said:
|}
|} I think the jargon file lives somewhere at mit.edu, but I realize
|} that isn't very specific. Maybe someone with real net access can
|} telnet over there and look around.

Sorry, I didn't see the original request for information on the Jargon
File. The current version of the Jargon File is 2.9.12 so you need to
look for jargon2912.txt.gz on an archie to find a site near you that
archives it (especially any of you that would have to hop a big puddle
to find it at MIT). My own archie search from University of Nebraska at
Lincoln (archie.unl.edu) generates the following:

Host dorm.rutgers.edu (128.6.18.15)
Last updated 11:45 19 Apr 1994
Location: /pub/jargon

Host labrea.stanford.edu (36.8.0.112)
Last updated 13:28 14 Apr 1994
Location: /pub/gnu

Host gatekeeper.dec.com (16.1.0.2)
Last updated 21:04 9 Apr 1994
Location: /.8/GNU

Host pdq.coe.montana.edu (192.31.215.240)
Last updated 01:32 4 Dec 1993
Location: /pub/mirrors/prep-gnu

Host mvb.saic.com (139.121.19.1)
Last updated 18:50 9 Apr 1994
Location: /LT93A.DIR;1/GNUSOFTWARE.DIR;1

I have been unable to connect with pdq.coe.montana.edu any of the times
that I have tried. For those of you unfamiliar with anonymous ftp, ftp
to the above named site, login as ``anonymous'', use your email address as
the password, cd to the correct directory, enter the ``bin'' command to
transmit binary data, and ``get'' the file you want.

Cheerio,
/ ___ __/__\ \ / / _\ Steve Fouts
/___ \| | ___\ | / __\ sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
/_______/__|_______\_/________\ "These are not books, lumps of lifeless paper,
but _minds_ alive on the shelves." -- Gilbert Highet