online help for UNIX apps

Subject: online help for UNIX apps
From: Katie Schuler <klschulr -at- UNITY -dot- NCSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 1994 11:47:51 -0400

Hi folks..

I am currently documenting some applications that run on UNIX/X Windows.
Recently, my company has expressed some interest in putting our manuals
on- line. As someone relatively new in the field, I don't have much
experience with on-line help. I've used it , of course! :) Anyway, I'd
like your input on the following:

What types of tools for X Windows are out there?

What do they cost?

Can I use the text (Microsoft Word) of our hard copy manuals - without
having to retype it?

How complicated is the process?

Thanks much!
Katie Schuler
klschulr -at- unity -dot- ncsu -dot- edu