books

Subject: books
From: ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 1994 08:09:28 CST

Hi gang!
I just saw this on NETTTRAIN, a list for network
trainers, and think it is an interesting followup on
the books for dummies discussions we've had lately.
Comments?
Eric

Author: Internet/BITNET Network Trainers <NETTRAIN -at- UBVM -dot- cc -dot- buffalo -dot- edu> at SMTP
Date: 3/24/94 11:52 PM
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 1994 12:26:07 -0700 (MST)
From: Dan Lester <ALILESTE%IDBSU -dot- BITNET -at- UBVM -dot- cc -dot- buffalo -dot- edu>

In case you've wondered what books your trainees are buying, here is the
list of top 10 'general computer books' according to the Publishers Weekly
of 2/28/94. I'll give brief citations.

1. Internet for dummies.
2. PCs for dummies.
3. Whole Internet user's guide (Krol)
4. Internet companion. (LaQuey)
5. Internet complete reference. (Hahn)
6. Modems for dummies.
7. Navigating the Internet. (Smith)
8. The Little PC book.
9. How computers work.
10. Complete Internet directory. (Braun)

The dummies books hold numbers 1,2,4,9 in the operating systems list.
The dummies books are numbers 1,2,3,4,8,9 in the applications list.
The dummies books is number 1 in the macintosh list.

Someone is doing pretty well......

cyclops

Dan Lester Internet: alileste -at- idbsu -dot- idbsu -dot- edu
Network Information Coordinator Bitnet: ALILESTE -at- IDBSU
Boise State University Library
Boise, Idaho 83725 In the kingdom of the blind, the
208-385-1235 one-eyed man is king. Erasmus. 1523