Re: Is Hypertext More Productive?

Subject: Re: Is Hypertext More Productive?
From: ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 1994 09:49:00 CST

Saul (and others),

I certainly haven't found anything to indicate that
hypertext is more productive than paper. Many assert
that it is, and some studies show that it can be more
productive in some cases, but they tend to be either
biased, flawed, or simply not generalizable beyond the
specific test situation. (That was the two sentence
version of my paper for the Proceedings.)

I will be presenting an Overview of Usability Research
in online documentation (1990-1993) at a progression in
Minneapolis. Sorry, I don't have the program here at
the office, so I don't know the time or location.

If I missed something in my searches, please let me
know. I would LOVE to go to the conference and announce
that the paper is completely wrong and here are the new
and improved facts.

Please respond to the list--I imagine there is a lot of
interest in this.

Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu

Subject: Is Hypertext More Productive?
Author: MSTSACX -at- GSUVM1 -dot- BITNET at SMTP
Date: 3/24/94 1:48 AM

Does anyone have conclusive research indicating that hypertext is more
productive to use than paper documents?

A literature search is turning up dry.

Thanks!

cc: 71702.1>--compuse>

"
Saul Carliner Ph.D. Student
Instructional Technology Geo. State Univ.
Note new userid----> mstsacx -at- gsuvm1 -dot- gsu -dot- edu 404/892-3945