Re: STC Annual Meeting

Subject: Re: STC Annual Meeting
From: Matt Abe <MATTA%county -dot- lmt -dot- mn -dot- org -at- HARVUNXW -dot- BITNET>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 1994 13:57:02 CST

Ruth-Ellen Flanagan <flanagan -at- TVDRS -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM> writes:

> Is the Mall of America nearer the airport? I am arriving Sat. at 10:00
> and figured I would spend the day at the Mall. I was going to rent a
> car to do that - return the car that day to the airport and then get
> to the hotel by cab or bus. Does that make sense?

This sounds like the beginning of an STC 1994 Frequently Asked
Questions list.

Mall of America (officially, without the "the") is so close to the
airport that there is regular metropolitan bus service between there
and the airport. You don't need a rental car to get there.
Ruth-Ellen could ride the bus to the mall, then after she's done
strolling there, catch an Airport Express shuttle from the airport
to the hotel. This would be a very convenient way to spend a half
day at the "Megamall," as we call it. All such ground transportation
departs from the baggage claim level at the airport.

> Is the trip they are offering on Sunday to Stillwater worth doing?

Stillwater is a picturesque small town, nestled along a
picturesque riverfront. It is filled with historic buildings, fun
restaurants, and lots of antique shops. If the description in the
advance conference booklet sounds good to you, you won't be
disappointed. Stillwater is a nice, quiet weekend getaway for folks
from the Twin Cities metro area. For visitors, it provides another
perspective on Minnesota, which is much more than just Minneapolis and
St. Paul. To me, this sounds like a lovely way to spend a Sunday
afternoon.

Keep those questions coming! See you in Minneapolis!

Matthew Abe Internet: matta -at- county -dot- lmt -dot- mn -dot- org
Documentation Group Leader
LaserMaster Corporation
7156 Shady Oak Road
Eden Prairie, MN 55344