Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 27 Feb 1994 to 28 Feb 1994

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 27 Feb 1994 to 28 Feb 1994
From: Alexander Friedlander <friedlac -at- DUNX1 -dot- OCS -dot- DREXEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 1994 14:10:12 -0500

>Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 09:01:50 -0500
>From: Chad Hill <chill -at- INDYUNIX -dot- IUPUI -dot- EDU>
>Subject: Re2: Grad School in Tech. Writing

>Hi all,
> Pardon my ignorance but.... Where exactly IS Drexel University, and
>just how strong is their technical writing program (especially in software
>documentation). Thanks in advance for answers. I'm still just a pup and
>learnin' the ropes.
> Chadwick
> chill -at- indyunix -dot- iupui -dot- edu

>------------------------------

Well, Chad, Drexel is in Philadelphia--more specifically, in West
Philadelphia/University City--alongside Penn. We have a strong M. S.
program in Technical and Science Communication. (I am not at all biased,
of course.) We have an interesting mix of full-time and part-time
students in the program, including students who come to us directly after
finishing their undergraduate work and others who have been working in a
variety of positions for a number of years. Our teachers include
full-time (tenure-line) faculty as well as practitioners/experts from the
Philadelphia area who teach some of our more specialized courses.

Re your question ("especially in software documentation"), in addition to
the regular courses in the program, we offer courses in document design and
evaluation and in software documentation. With a new multimedia lab on
campus, we are also looking at its role and implementation in the program.
Additionally, students can take courses in other programs, such as in the
College of Information Studies new Master's degree in Software Engineering.

If you send me your mailing address, I can send you a packet of information
about the program.

Alexander Friedlander

Director, Programs in Technical and Science Communication
Department of Humanities and Communications
Drexel University
Philadelphia, PA 19104

phone: (215) 895-1819 fax: (215) 895-4999

e-mail: friedlac -at- dunx1 -dot- ocs -dot- drexel -dot- edu OR friedlac -at- duvm -dot- bitnet