Sad news

Subject: Sad news
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 1994 23:52:37 GMT

A colleague at Los Alamos tells me that Dr. Mary Fran Buehler
of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory has passed away, some weeks
after suffering a stroke.

Best known as co-author of _The Levels of Edit_, Mary Fran
has also been a prolific speaker at the STC's and IEEE
Professional Communication Society's conferences and as a
writer for their journals. She will be missed both as a
contributor to the profession and as a friend to many of us.

Joe

"Our field was not invented in the 1950s... Seeing
what our long-gone colleagues have done over the
centuries -- and how alike our problems are -- is
terribly exciting."

-Mary Fran Buehler, personal communication accompanying
the proposal for "Axioms from the Ancients," IPCC '92