Re: Want Ads

Subject: Re: Want Ads
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 10:15:30 -0800

yrs,
andreas
Andreas Ramos
Sacramento, California | Tlf:(916)448-8756 | andreas -at- netcom -dot- com

On Mon, 28 Feb 1994, Steve Fouts wrote:

> I was perusing some want ads this weekend, and noticed one from a large
> and influential company looking for a Technical Writer. I was scanning
> the ad and saying to myself, "O.k., I can do that, yup, uh-huh, sounds
> good... OOOPS!"
> The oops was when I hit, "typing, 60 wpm desired." This, to me, says in
> big red letters, "WARNING! This company has absolutely no respect for the
> profession of technical writing!" And I resumed scanning. Am I offbase?

> The only other one that I dislike is a request for salary history, since
> it implies price shopping, but I ignore that one.

Yep, they don't want a techwriter. They want a word processor (the human
type).
And yes, I always just ignore the "state salary history".
It sounds to me that the ad was written by a humro (human resources)
humanoid.

Yrs,
andreas