Good/Bad Examples of Online Help Systems: Query....

Subject: Good/Bad Examples of Online Help Systems: Query....
From: Brad Mehlenbacher <brad_m -at- UNITY -dot- NCSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 1994 20:49:28 -0500

Hi Folks-->I'm currently attempting to put together a course on the
design and evaluation of online help systems, and I'm desparately short
on examples of help systems that exhibit either strengths or weaknesses
in terms of screen design, writing quality, navigatability,
comprehensability, accuracy, ease of use, ease of access, modularity, etc.

If anyone has examples of positive or negative experiences with certain
help systems (preferably commercially-available help systems), I'd really
appreciate your sending me a brief note describing the system and your
particular experience with it.

In exchange, I will happily collect and repost your responses to this
request. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance! Cordially,