comma splice?

Subject: comma splice?
From: mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 15:10:11 EST

Jerold Jeansonne wrote:
>Someone wrote: "I don't use passive voice in my documentation, I use ACTIVE
> voice."

>Does this person know what a comma splice is?

I'm not sure I do. I would have said there was an elided "instead", which
would make the second clause dependent.

In any case, nitpicking e-mail is a little below-the-belt, even in this list.

Later,

Michael Priestley
mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
Information Developer
IBM Canada
Disclaimer: nothing I say is true, and even if it were, I wouldn't admit it.