Re: STC Competitions

Subject: Re: STC Competitions
From: Kelly Hoffman <kelly -at- NASHUA -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 1994 17:01:20 EST

Helena Jerney <hjerney -at- HUDSONBAY -dot- BITNET> writes:

> It actually really amazes me when, every year without fail, people that
> never participate in any aspect of STC come out to participate in the
> competition.

Nahhh, you're just forgetting the real incentive: they're hoping to put
"won STC award" on their resumes.

[reasonable gripe about folks not contributing deleted]

> Quite honestly, I don't
> know what anybody expects to get out of a volunteer organization they don't
> put anything into except destructive criticism.

"Volunteer organization"? Not in my book. STC dues were pretty steep,
last time I checked.

kkh
Kelly K. Hoffman kelly -at- nashua -dot- hp -dot- com
Learning Products Engineer
Hewlett-Packard, Network Test Division "Reading the manual is
One Tara Blvd., Nashua, NH USA 03062 admitting defeat."