Re: STC Competitions

Subject: Re: STC Competitions
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 1994 17:41:28 -0600

Kelly, I hope you don't get 100 flames, but surely you jest
when you imply that STC is not a volunteer organization because
it charges membership dues.

I'm staying away from fire, but here's why I disagree with you:

1. The dues are *not* that steep. Some journal subscriptions
cost more than $85/year. When you think about the cost of
the publications and running an understaffed office, you
might realize that the dues are reasonable.

2. While the local chapters receive some money to keep their
chapters running, the officers and committee managers are
*not* paid. In my book that makes them volunteers, and
STC a volunteer organization.

LaVonna Funkhouser
president-elect, Oklahoma Chapter of STC

lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com