Re: homophones

Subject: Re: homophones
From: Jim Gifford <jgifford -at- SPU1 -dot- UWSP -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 21:32:00 CST

Speaking "pseudo"--
I have a PhD in English and have later retrained in Computer Information
Systems. The first programming course (Fortran) I took was taught by
a PhD in math/stats. When discussing program design techniques he talked
at length about the value of passado (rhymes with El Dorado) code. I assumed
this was a system of notation developed by some guy called, oh perhaps, Anton
Passado. Then he wrote it on the board. To my eternal shame, I didn't have
the courage to tll him what he was doing (and I was in my 40's so youthful
respect for age wasn't the reason)

Jim Gifford
Department of Mathematics and Computing
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
email: jgifford -at- spu1 -dot- uwsp -dot- edu