marketing/propaganda in documentation

Subject: marketing/propaganda in documentation
From: Thomas Barker <DITTB -at- TTACS1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 09:21:16 -0600

I'd like to add my two bits worth to the discussion of the place
of marketing info in documentation. I'm for it, of course, but
not from a marketing perspective; from the perspective of
task orientation. Most features of a program make sense to the
efficiency-oriented user: they can see how to apply the program.
This information can help increase proficiency by encouraging
users to learn features they might not have considered.

Thomas Barker
Tech Comm Program
Texas Tech University
dittb -at- ttacs -dot- ttu -dot- edu