Re: Windows Help questions

Subject: Re: Windows Help questions
From: Janie Bergen <BERGEN -at- UNTVAX -dot- BITNET>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 1994 23:21:16 -0500

>I'm using the Microsoft help compiler (version 3.1) and Microsoft Word
>2.0 to create Windows help systems. I have some questions that I hope some
>kind soul out there can answer for me.

>My idea is to treat this material as "online paper" and then tell the
>user to PRINT out the information.

>Has anyone out there used this method? Is it OK to have a "mixed"
>online help system containing true online information AND information
>designed to be printed out? What do you think?

>Any help (no pun intended!) would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks, Frank Ripp

Frank,

I'd like to recommend a book to you. It is titled "Developing Online Help for
Windows" and it may answer many of your questions. It will also give you an
excellent discussion of many issues affecting Windows help files. I don't have
it with me at this moment, but I believe it is a SAMS Publishers book.

J. Bergen
Univ of North Texas