Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 4 Jan 1994 to 5 Jan 1994

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 4 Jan 1994 to 5 Jan 1994
From: "Usability Expertise Center ph.603.881.2430" <raven -at- USABLE -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 1994 08:47:31 EST

Re: audience "critical success factors":
Ginny Redish and Joe Dumas (American Institutes for Design
Documentation Design Center) have been doing some research on this
issue. Ginny came and gave a talk at our STC chapter this past
September. (Of course, I can't remember the specifics of what she
said any more but it was something *Like* accuracy combined with good
retrievablilty is more important than XXXsome other XXX features).

However, they have a new book out that discusses their
research. Of course, I can't remember the title of the book right now,
either (not enough coffee) BUT I do know that it must be in Books in
Print under Dr. Janice Redish and Joe Dumas.
(this book also talks about the u-metric questionnaire as a method for
measuring quality, too).

That's my cent,
Mary Beth Raven
Raven -at- usable -dot- enet -dot- dec -dot- com