Re: Texas Bar-B-Que

Subject: Re: Texas Bar-B-Que
From: Jim Dubinsky <DUBINSKY -at- MIAMIU -dot- ACS -dot- MUOHIO -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 11:13:40 EST

I've never been on the net before, being relatively new to the field (I'm
in the process of constructing a devised field of technical writing as part of
my Ph.D. work at Miami). But I do know a wee bit (not having quite the status
of a native) about bar-be-que, barbeque, Q, and other such wonders of the
culinary world (I've also heard them called pig pickin's--during my four years
in North Carolina), having spent fifteen years in the Army, living in places in
North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, and Louisiana. And I have encountered the
mustard variety when I visited my brother in Clemson, SC during his years of
schooling there. So what? I'd rather not argue about which is better; I'd
simply like to find a place here in Ohio (near Cincinnati) where I could find a
sample of any of the aforementioned varieties. Any help out there?

It must be near the holidays when thoughts and wishes about food start travel-
ling. I'm trying to finish my grading and a seminar paper. Escaping to the
net is a break for me. Eating some bar-be-que would be heaven.

Jim Dubinsky Dubinsky -at- miamiu -dot- acs -dot- muohio -dot- edu