Re: Getting that degree (Append)

Subject: Re: Getting that degree (Append)
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1993 09:17:42 EST

Speaking of cynical theories, I sometimes suggest that the main
reason companies want a college degree isn't even to avoid possible
legal difficulties, but because it indicates that a person can
put up with a certain amount of nonsense (like the idea that it
is necessary to learn to swim in order to get a degree in art
history) and stick with a project for several years. Corporate
types would say it indicates an ability to carry through a plan;
I suspect it also indicates a certain amount of docility.

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com
New York, NY