Where are the cheap computers?

Subject: Where are the cheap computers?
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- MATIS -dot- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1993 10:07:33 IST

Carl Gotlieb asked if anyone used WordStar in a work environment.
No, but I use it at home...

** At my home there's a 486 for my kid to patrol the galaxies on, and an
XT-compatible where I write letters and articles in WordStar.

If you don't need a variety of fonts, and you're not writing very long
documents, you can do fine with an obsolete PC. I'm disappointed that
the manufacturers are always introducing more bells and whistles to
keep prices high, rather than selling modest capabilities at affordable
prices. (Someone told me that since the average user still needs support,
the product's features have to justify a high enough price to cover it.)
Mark L. Levinson, SEE Technologies, Box 544, Herzlia, Israel
mark -at- matis -dot- ingr -dot- com | voice +972-9-584684, ext. 230 | fax +972-9-543917