Re: Eastern Standard Time

Subject: Re: Eastern Standard Time
From: Kelly Hoffman <kelly -at- NASHUA -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1993 13:51:49 EST

> If you saw hours of operation for a computer center in "Eastern Standard Time"
> in something you were writing or editing, would the question bother you
> whether the hours of operation during summer months shifted forward for
Eastern
> Daylight Time or whether they stayed on Eastern Standard Time?

Yes, this would bother me. Yes, I would probably change it to "Eastern
Time" provided that the site actually (1) shifts from Standard to Daylight,
and (2) doesn't shift its hours when switching.

Note that some areas never go on Daylight time at all, so it may be
perfectly acceptable to say Eastern Standard Time.

kkh
Kelly K. Hoffman kelly -at- nashua -dot- hp -dot- com
Learning Products Engineer
Hewlett-Packard, Network Test Division "Reading the manual is
One Tara Blvd., Nashua, NH 03062 admitting defeat."