Job Posting- Toronto, Ontar

Subject: Job Posting- Toronto, Ontar
From: Pat Anderson <panderson -at- ALIAS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1993 14:35:05 -0500

Subject: Time:2:33 PM
OFFICE MEMO Job Posting: Toronto, Ontario Date:11/16/93
Standard disclaimers apply. Don't reply to me, reply to them.

...pat. anderson

Full Time Position: Technical Writer

MetaConcepts specializes in building electronic image management (EIM)
systems to client specification. We offer an exciting, full-time job
opportunity in rapidly growing technology areas - you will be working
with some of Canada's most senior imaging system designers and
implementors.

The technologies we use to build systems for our clients include various
forms of electronic document and image management, GIS-related
imaging, OCR, HCR and other forms of recognition technologies. You will
be involved in a variety of projects that will challenge your skills and
keep you learning. About 3/4ths of your time will be spent in the writing
of user and administrator manuals; the remainder in short technical
bulletins, standards documents and critical editing.

We require someone with a 1 - 3 year track record in technical
documentation or who may have recently completed a degree in technical
writing. The following skills are important to this position:

- clear, pedagogical writing style
- organize medium to large-sized documents (50 - 300 pages)
- write short technical bulletins and overviews (1-3 pages)
- edit (critically) quotation and design documents written by others
- Word for Windows; PowerPoint
- an eye for combined text and graphic layout
- run/test software in order to generate documentation
- balance independent thinking with teamsmanship

We provide flexible hours, a group health plan and profit sharing.
Start date: immediate.

Send your resume, in confidence, to:
METACONCEPTS INC.
530-100 Richmond St. East