Writing vs Technical - Article

Subject: Writing vs Technical - Article
From: Rahul Ravel <rahul -at- ORNEWS -dot- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1993 11:40:20 -0800

Hi all,

As for the "writing skills vs technical knowledge" debate,
I found an STC article that may shed some light on the
situation.

In the April, 1991 (Vol 2, No 2) issue of the STC Technical
Communication Journal, is the column, "Practicalities" by
Dr Carol Barnum.

The column is actually about designing a technical communication
resume. However, one of the table lists what technical managers
look for in technical communicators. Of 16 items, here's the top 3:
1. Grammer and mechanics
2. Learning quickly
3. Proofreading

And the last 3:
14: Organization
15. Software knowledge
16. Analyzing audience

If there is enough interest, I can post all 16 items.

-Rahul Ravel, Technical Writer
Systems Group, Intel Corp (Hillsboro, OR)

"Only my own opinions here"

rahul -at- ornews -dot- intel -dot- com