Educational -v- Informative Writing

Subject: Educational -v- Informative Writing
From: Alun Whittaker <alun -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1993 09:57:06 PST

From: John Fulmer INET <fulmerjo -at- PULUA -dot- HCC -dot- HAWAII -dot- EDU>
How better can I describe it to say that the only thing the glossy
is good for is to obtain a telephone number to call to try and get
the number of someone who can tell me the technical specifications
I need to know if the equipment will work with my system or not!

As a recent convert to FrameMaker on SUN, I found the statement
above to be an apt description of the *user* documentation that
came with this software.

Is this why there are so many questions here about what FrameMaker
can and cannot do?

ALUN W...