Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 24 Sep 1993 to 26 Sep 1993

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 24 Sep 1993 to 26 Sep 1993
From: Thomas Barker <DITTB -at- TTACS -dot- BITNET>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1993 13:01:49 -0600

I came across this sentence in an article about end-user
documentation in *Information and Management* 24(1993): 150:

[The growth of end-use computing encourages] "improving the
development and maintenance costs to end-user tool manuals and
application oriented documentation for improved user
understanding."

The writers (Torkzadeh and Doll) include "end-user tool manuals"
as one component of user support in an end-user computing
environment. But they do not define an end-user tool manual.

My question: What's an end-user tool manual? How is it
distinguished from application oriented documentation?

Can someone on this list enlighten me? Thanks.

Thomas Barker (in%dittb -at- ttacs -dot- ttu -dot- edu)
Technical Communication Program
Texas Tech University