Copyright & Public-Domain Software

Subject: Copyright & Public-Domain Software
From: Irene Plokar <plokar -at- TOULOUSE -dot- VIRTUALPROTOTYPES -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1993 16:23:10 -0400

Can anyone help me out? I'm currently working on a manual that makes reference
to a public-domain software program (in this case called VOGL). The program
sources include a Copyright page which states the following:

"Copyright (C) 1991, 1992 The University of Melbourne. Department of
Engineering."

Since it is a public-domain program, must I include the above copyright acknow-
ledgment in my documentation, or is no reference necessary?

Thanks

Irene Plokar, Senior Technical Writer
Virtual Prototypes Inc.,
Suite 318, 5252 De Maisonneuve O.