Re: Job titles

Subject: Re: Job titles
From: Steve Fouts <sfouts -at- ELLISON -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1993 16:37:35 CDT

> Is there a difference between Technical Writer and Associate Technical
> Writer? If so, what is it?

> Thanks!
> Joan

Oh, about $10 K a year. But seriously folks, it probably depends on the
definition your company has for such things. There is no industry accepted
job title caled "Associate Technical Writer" that says that you can do thus
and so better than your peers. At Texas Instruments, 10 years and hundreds
of books from now I'd probably be called a "Technical Writer." Our entry
level position is called "Technical Writer." Our team leaders and contract
positions are "Technical Writers."

Any color you want, as long as it's black...
* _ ___ * Steve Fouts
* ( |____| * sfouts -at- ellison -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com
* / / \ _| \ \ * "Starlight shone in the eyes of the Deathbird and its"
* ( * ) \/_|__* ) * passage through the night cast a shadow on the moon."
* \_/ _/ \_/ * -Harlan Ellison