Re: What to do in CyberSpace

Subject: Re: What to do in CyberSpace
From: John Ferstel <jwf3885 -at- UCS -dot- USL -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1993 14:07:08 -0500

Dan,

I have experienced the same frustrations in FTPing a document
and then not being able to convert it into readable form. That is why
your Computing Center are hired: to assist neophyte users in learning
how to use some of the powerful tools available on the Internet (such as
FTP, telnet, etc.). I had someone in my computing center look at the
problem and re-FTP the document in appropriate form. That is all I asked
at that point until later when I had more information about such thongs
as FTP in BINARY vs. ACSCii form, etc.

Don't hestitate to call on your Computing Center garus--helping you
is part of their jobs.

Jack Ferstel
U.
of SW Louisana