Re: creating online documents with FrameMaker

Subject: Re: creating online documents with FrameMaker
From: Daniel John Brinegar <6545 -at- EF -dot- GC -dot- MARICOPA -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1993 09:49:02 -0700

> Author : Anatole Wilson <aw3a+ -at- ANDREW -dot- CMU -dot- EDU>
> Subject : Re: creating online documents with FrameMaker
> Written : 04/21/93.09:05am

> maria -at- msd -dot- measurex -dot- com (Maria Townsley) writes:
> >Does anyone out there have experience creating online help documents with
> >FrameMaker?

> >Any suggestions?

Anatole Wilson Responds:

> FrameMaker might run too slowly to be an effective or convenient to run
> an online help system. I've heard recently about about a "view only"
> version of Framemaker that might be ideal for this purpose. Has anybody
> seen this version of FrameMaker in action?

> Anatole Wilson

I have seen demonstrations of "FRAMEVIEWER" just a coupla months ago... It
is a runtime engine for Documentation created in FRAMEMAKER or other Pubs
systems... As far as the demo product was concerned, in the hands of the
expert demonstrator it was quick and effective....

Our STC chapter has a Frame Users Group.... I'll ask around for some
more info

Regards--

| Dan BRINEGAR aka BENU |
| Research Droid Glendale Community College |
| 6545 -at- ef -dot- gc -dot- maricopa -dot- edu Electronic Forum, Glendale, AZ |
| *Student Member, Society for Technical Communications |