Re: creating online documents with FrameMaker

Subject: Re: creating online documents with FrameMaker
From: Karen Muldrow <karen -at- HAL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1993 11:19:53 CDT

> Does anyone out there have experience creating online help documents with
> FrameMaker?

> I have a 1,000 page User's Guide (divided into 15 chapters) that needs to
> go online. Just to make the task a bit more complicated, the entire User's
> Guide is loaded with screen captures. Both screen captures and text change
> dramatically for each customer project. It is also translated into the
> customer's local language when it is completed.

Exactly what do you mean when you say on-line help?
We produce both on-line documentation and on-line help with
FrameMaker. It sounds to me like you are talking about
doing on-line documentation (as opposed to help).

What are your specific questions?
How you should structure the information? How to maintain
more than one version of the information?
How to build the databases?

Please elaborate.

Thanks,
Karen Muldrow