Re: creating online documents with FrameMaker

Subject: Re: creating online documents with FrameMaker
From: Michael Fraase <mfraase -at- FARCES -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1993 12:37:52 -0600

> Does anyone out there have experience creating online help documents
> with FrameMaker?

Yes. They're pretty easy to do. You can either integrate your help document
into FrameMaker's native help system (they're just read-only FrameMaker
files) or you can implement them as a stand-alone read-only FrameMaker
document.

If your users have FrameMaker, it's really simple. If they don't, you'll have
to license FrameReader from Frame Technology.

My book, Structured Publishing From the Desktop: Frame Technology's
FrameMaker (Business One Irwin, 1992) details how to integrate a help
document into FrameMaker's native help system.

If you're creating a system for multiple platforms, make sure you use graphic
images that are available on each platform.

My FrameMaker experience is mostly Mac-specific, but the product works
identically on every platform supported.

--
Michael Fraase, proprietor | Voice: 612/698-0741
Arts & Farces | Fax: 612/698-5106