MacBook + monitor + laptop as ext. monitor ?

Subject: MacBook + monitor + laptop as ext. monitor ?
From: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 22:17:17 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hello, WR-L-ers,
My migration to the Parallels Windows 10 on MacBook OS X world is going
so well that I anticipate being able to get rid of my current Dell
Windows 7 laptop. But I'm reluctant to lose my 3-screen system, and
wonder how I can replicate it with only a single machine providing both
operating systems/applications?
My desk is filled with my MacBook OS X on the left, my big monitor in
the center, and my Dell Windows laptop on the right. I have a hardware
KVM switch that I use to switch only the big monitor between the two
machines, and I use ShareMouse to use my active keyboard/mouse (which
can be the MacBook OS X or Dell Windows set: whatever I'm using most
that day) on both systems, seamlessly (just keep moving horizontally).
For reasons that I won't bore you with, I like certain OS-specific
applications to be open on their relevant machines on their associated
laptop screens. Then the big center screen is where I do the bulk of my
work.
But now with a single hardware machine (the MacBook Pro OS X) providing
BOTH operating systems' applications (albeit through the Parallels VM
for Windows 10), I'll be losing one of my screens. I've googled and
found how to connect up two actual monitors, and how to use a laptop as
third monitor.
The obvious difficulty is that laptop video ports are output, and I
need an input. So some sort of networking, Apple Play equivalent on my
Dell would be needed.
Any ideas?
-Monique